Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G SGH-T769 users were anxious about the arrival of the tool for rooting their phone. XDA developer k0nane has developed a pre-rooted stock kernel especially for the Galaxy S Blaze 4G. This means users would no longer have to work their way through complicated instructions to gain root access on your Galaxy S Blaze 4G. All they would have to do is to flash the pre-rooted stock kernel using Odin3.
The pre-rooted kernel has been tested safe; it would not change anything on your phone. In addition, the said kernel comes with fully-linked copy of BusyBox 1.19.3, BusyBox running parts support, and other various tools.
It is important that you check your device number- Settings > About Phone
This is because the said update is valid only for Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G SGH-T769. In case, your device model does not match with the one given here, please do not attempt to flash this as this may result in bricking. We are not responsible for any damages that may occur due to the instructions given here.
Requirements to root your Galaxy Blaze S 4G.
• You should be having the Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G SGH-T769
• You should be having a Windows PC
• Data Backup: This is extremely important. Take a back up of important data from your phone’s memory to the SD card.
• Your phone should have minimum 80% charge. Better, if the phone is fully charged to power the entire flashing procedure.
• Disable security programs such as antivirus and firewall on your computer.
• Uninstall Samsung KIES on your computer.
• You should have the latest USB device drivers installed on your PC
• Enable USB Debugging on your phone using the path Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging.
• Install Samsung USB device drivers on your computer
Instructions to root your Galaxy Blaze S 4G.
• Download these files on your computer
• Galaxy S Blaze 4G Kernel
• Blaze PIT file
• Odin 1.85
• Extract the odin-185.zip file into a folder on your PC.
• Double-click the Odin 1.85.exe file on your computer to launch the Odin3 application
• On the Odin screen match the given options as per their corresponding files
• Select the PDA button, and browse for the blaze-root-kernel.tar file.
• Select PIT button, and browse for the blaze.pit file.
• Checking the “Re-Partition” and “F. Reset” options in Odin may result in bricking. Hence, check ONLY the Auto Reboot” option
• Switch off your Galaxy S Blaze 4G
• Boot your phone in download mode by pressing the Volume Down, Home, and Power keys together and holding till you see a greeting with the Download Mode splash screen
• Release the buttons and press the Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
• Connect your phone to the computer using the USB Cable
• You will see a prompt message from Odin saying “Added!”. This means your phone is properly connected to the PC
• Click the START button on Odin to flash the rooted kernel on your Galaxy S Blaze 4G.
• When flashing is complete, you would see a “PASS” message in Odin3 and your Samsung Galaxy Blaze 4G would automatically reboot
• Disconnect your phone from your computer.
• Visit Google Play Store and download SuperUser app and launch it to check if rooting is complete
Well done! Your Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G SGH-T769 is now rooted.