The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi + 3G GT-P7500 has not yet received any official Ice Cream Sandwich update until now. However, users of this phone can flash the latest Honeycomb update. The latest leaked Android 3.2 Honeycomb firmware called the XWKL1 comes pre-rooted for the users of Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500.
It is important that you check your device number- Settings > About Tablet
Note: This is because the said update is valid only for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500 (Wi-Fi + 3G). In case, your device model does not match with the one given here, please do not attempt to flash this Android 3.2 Honeycomb firmware as this may result in bricking. We are not responsible for any damages that may occur due to the instructions given here.
Pre-requisites to install the Android 3.2 Honeycomb XWKL1 firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500.
• You should be having the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500 (Wi-Fi + 3G).
• You should have a Window computer
• Disable all security software such as antivirus and firewall on your computer
• Close Samsung KIES on your computer
• You should be having the Samsung USB drivers on your computer
• Your phone should have minimum 80% charge. Better, if the phone is fully charged to power the entire flashing procedure.
• Data Backup: This is extremely important. Take a back up of important data from your phone’s memory to the SD card.
• You would require the XWKL1 firmware update.
Instructions to install the Android 3.2 Honeycomb XWKL1 firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500.
• Double click on the P7500XWKL1_P7500XEUKL1_P7500XXKL3_HOME_ROOT.exe self-extracting archive and extract it to a folder on your computer. There you will see three files - P7500XWKL1_P7500XEUKL1_P7500XXKL3_HOME_ROOT.tar.md5, Odin3 v1.85.exe, and Odin3.ini
• Power off your phone
• Boot your Galaxy Tab 10.1 in download mode by pressing the Volume Down, Home, and Power keys together and holding till you see a Menu on the phone screen
• Launch Odin3 on your PC by double clicking on the file
• Connect your phone to the computer using the USB Cable
• See Odin’s screen lower left corner. Check if you can see the “Added!” message there. In case you do not, re-install the drivers. You will also see the ID:COM box turn yellow.
• Re-install the drivers if you do not see this message
• Tap on PDA and browse to the folder where you had put the extracted the XWLK1 firmware files
• Select the file starting with “P7500XWKL1_P7500XEUKL1_P7500XXKL3_HOME_ROOT.tar.md5”. Please do not change any things with the Odin3′s other settings
• Tap on Start button to flash the XWLK1 update.
• If you see the upper leftmost corner of Odin light up in green with a Passed! Message, and your phone automatically rebooting, it means the flashing process was completed successfully.
If this does not happen (or if you get the FAILED message), follow the instructions given under:
• Remove the USB cable to disconnect your phone from the PC
• Close Odin3.
• Remove the battery of Galaxy Tab 10.1
• Re-insert the battery in the phone
• Start over from Launching the Odin3 program
When the flashing process is complete, your phone would boot automatically. Disconnect your Galaxy Tab 10.1 from the computer once you see the Samsung logo.
That is all! You have upgraded your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500 to Android 3.2 Honeycomb firmware XWKL1.